[A83] Re: asm numerical input

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: asm numerical input

In accordance with the prophecy, Tom uttered:

> I tried compiling this using ZiLOG Developer Studio 3.5 and it made
> my calc crash...any idea why? I did format it correctly I think. This
> is Tutorial 34 from ASMGuru. PGMIO_EXEC wasn't defined in
> TI83plus.inc, neither was _formDisp. Are they different for an 83+??
> The author claims that this code will ask for numerical input, and it
> can handle integers, equations, real numbers, tokens, etc.
>
> LIST
>
> PGMIO_EXEC         equ           50B2h
> _formDisp          equ           4D0Eh
> org 9327h
>         ld      de,821ch
>         ld      hl,prompt
>         ld      bc,16
>         ldir
>         ld      a,1
>         ld      (ASM_IND_CALL),a
>         call    PGMIO_EXEC
>         call    _formDisp
>         ret
> prompt:         .db "Num: ",0
> end
> end

Doesn't work for the 83+. And no, you can't just pick a rom address from the 83
include file and try to use it on the 83+. Sorry.

> All tutorials Copyright (c) James Matthews 1998, unless specified.

Specified.

Never mind.

Linus
As practiced by computer science, the study of programming is an unholy
mixture of mathematics, literary criticism, and folklore.
                                                   -- B. A. Sheil, 1981