[A83] Re: Game Development / Game Design for TIs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Game Development / Game Design for TIs

>From: Mário Rui Luzeiro <ks@megamail.pt>
>To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: [A83] Game Development / Game Design  for TIs
>Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 01:15:36 +0100
>

>Hello All.
>I’m not usually post anything in this list… but I want
>today.
>
>First of all sorry about my extraterrial English as
>you can see.. but its what have in this moment…
>Second I’m post this in the 83-list because I think
>that is one of the lists with more people.
>Third, excuse me if I’m stupid with all what I will say
>
>So.. Game Development / Game Design for TI’s ….
>I think we have now lots of tutorials in assembly, in
>basic, lots of possibilities to work in any language
>(asm/basic). We have now lots (not so many) of people
>that put all of your free time making games for TI’s
>and this games are starting appear…
>
>But I think some games need more complexion not in the
>programming, but in the story and background, GFX and
>maybe SFX (Graphic/Sound Effects)
>
>So.. I think some people need make tutorials about
>game development and game design in order do improve
>the interest of a game, some of the games start to be
>extremely arcade, I mean, like Tetris, just press
>second to play, and play, game over and play again…. I
>am not say that I don’t like tetris or other puzzle
>games but they don’t make people dream and think in
>the story, for other side, some RPGs don’t have so
>good graphics and some have any really story board.
>(Like some one (of all) of ARPG games)
>
>I think this happen because some games are made only
>by programmers/coders and or the coders spend time
>programming or think in the game and make sprites for
>the game…
>
>TI’s need more GFX artists, and the programmer need to
>have good theories of game development / Design if he
>are make it alone.
>
>If you want some ideas about the development design
>and code, for those o don’t know:
>
>www.gamedev.net
>www.flipcode.com
>
>Game don’t need be just press second to play
>
>Thanks all, I will apologise your comments

>Email Enviado utilizando o serviço MegaMail

Well, the main reason for storylines and GFX which aren't the greatest is
because of the limited memory on a TI.  Good storylines are usually pretty
long, and that would take up space, not to mention GFX.  You DO have some
good points though.