[A83] Re: Z88DK vs. SDCC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Z88DK vs. SDCC

No float support at the GBDK... Whereas the Z88DK has floats (library side,
not ROM floating point functions, but can be done)...

Or has it been 'fixed' in the mean time? Haven't noticed any change to the
GBDK site, but off coarse, could be some changes in CVS...

Oh, and try to compile this normal C code under the GBDK, yes it's a hello
world program...

/*      Hey, it's that infamous program again!
 *      Yup, Hello World strikes back in it's
 *      newest form!
 */

#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
	char buffer[80];
	fputs("Using fputs\n",stdout);
	putchar(':');
	printn(100,10,stdout);
        printf("Hello World %d\n",1);
	sprintf(buffer,"Testing sprintf %d",1);
	printf(buffer);
}

And you get a bunch of error mesages, it doesn't even know what stdout
is... (don't say that the way the z88dk handles this is perfect, no not
even nearly...)

Already found one bug (unless it's handled by the assembler), I don't think
the Z80 has an instruction like this:
	lda sp,-222(sp)

And yes I did compile via "lcc -mz80 ..."
(the same with "sdcc -mz80 ..."

	Henk Poley