[A83] Re: What is the problem with flash writes (in general)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 08:47 PM 7/9/01 +0200, you wrote:

>> Even so, 1,000,000 is a lot of erases, I don't think we have
>> too much to worry about there.
>>
>> -Dan Englender
>
>Suppose 10 flash erases a day:
>
>1'000'000/(10*365) = +/- 275 years of flash memory.
>I think by then the calc would be dead of other problems :-)

Yeah, in 275 I'd probably get a bit experimental - like boosting the power
supply to the chip and overclocking by a large factor, maybe add a cooling
system to get a more clock speed - maybe even try to beat the clock on an
iPaq (205Mhz).