From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of Dan Englender
Sent: Saturday, July 07, 2001 3:12 PM
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: What the heck is RST???

At risk of sounding ignorant because I didn't read the earlier parts of the
conversation...If all he's doing is reading variables from Flash, why would
he need to do any so complicated as the RAM page switching scheme?

What I do to read variables from Flash (in MirageOS anyhow), is just copy
all the archived VAT/header information to a bit of RAM using FlashToRAM,
sort out from that where the data actually starts, and then store that
pointer.  At that point, you can just use FlashToRAM, LoadCIndPaged, or the
PagedGet routines to read the data from Flash, or load it into a buffer in
RAM.

-Dan Englender

Follow-Ups: References: