From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of Dan Englender
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 8:16 AM
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: statvars...??? [Ti83+]

> What mem-areas are used by Ion on the Ti83 anyways? I hate it that Joe
> didn't document his shells like the others (exept Bill Nagel) did...
........Ion uses cmdShadow, and that's about all.

> Could my interrupt-problem be related to that?
>
> BTW: I found out what the 'bug' is when using the MirageOS interrupt with
> the z88dk, the MirageOS interrupt probably *only* does a "exx \ ex
> af,af"... [Most] z88dk programs also uses the shadow registers, so the
> interrupt program should save them [too], like push/pop'ing them on the
> stack.
> To fix this I now just install my own interrupt, also when compiling for
> MirageOS.
.........This most certainly isn't a bug.  The MirageOS interupt uses the
shadow registers because it's an interrupt, that's what interrupts do :)  In
fact, that's what TIOS's interrupt does as well.  How do you manage with
TIOS's interrupt running?  If you're assembling specifically for MirageOS
(IE. not an Ion program running on MirageOS, you can just set IM 1 at the
beginning of an Ion program if you don't want the MirageOS interrupt
running), then I'd suggest trying to find a way to work around this.  People
generally like very much to be able to use the tasker while programs are
running.  If you need your own interrupt, you can use MirageOS custom-int
procedure, and if you need to use shadow registers out side of the
interrupt, you can di \ ei during that section.  Of course it's your
program, so you can decide whatever you like :)

The one thing I don't get is how you manage to not have problems with the
TIOS interrupt, which also destroys shadow registers, but do have problems
with MirageOS interrupt.

-Dan Englender

Follow-Ups: References: