[A83] Re: Official H**s Replacement Commands & Questions & PulseWidthMod

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Official H**s Replacement Commands & Questions & PulseWidthModulation

> >> HRC1: ex de,hl = push de \ push hl \ pop de \ pop hl ;this should work, I
> >> guess
> >
> >HRC1a (recommended):
> > ex de, hl = push bc \ ld b,d \ ld c,e \ ld d,h \ ld e,l \
> > ld h,b \ ld l,c\ pop bc
>
> Wow! That one is even better!
>
> >> HRC2: ld a,xx = push bc \ ld b,xx \ ld a,b \ pop bc
> >> More crap coming soon, maybe...
> >> Feel free to add other commands...
> >
> >HRC3:  push hl = ld iy,0000h \ add iy,sp \ ld (iy+0),l \ ld (iy+1),h
> >HRC3a: pop hl = ld iy,0000h \ add iy,sp \ ld l,(iy+0) \ ld h,(iy+1)
>
> Then why not make HRC1b: ex de,hl = ld iy,0000h \ add iy,sp \ ld (iy+0),l \
> ld (iy+1),h \ ld b,d \ ld c,e \ ld d,h \ ld e,l \ ld h,b \ ld l,c\ pop bc
> \ld iy,0000h \ add iy,sp \ ld l,(iy+0) \ ld h,(iy+1)
>
> However, you loose iy with this. Or does a normal pushpop do that too?
No, a normal push/pop doesn't, but, it makes the code even crappier.

> Otherwise, a push/pop iy will suffice:
Tss,tss, we were going to use the above set push/pop routines,
that results in, no iy register, and thus no mode flags.

> HRC3b:  push hl = push iy \ ld iy,0000h \ add iy,sp \ ld (iy+0),l \ ld
> (iy+1),h \ pop iy
>
> HRC3c: pop hl = push iy \ ld iy,0000h \ add iy,sp \ ld l,(iy+0) \ ld
> h,(iy+1) \ pop iy    ;push/pop iy are 2-byte commands! How crappy!
>
> HRC1c: ex de,hl = push iy \ ld iy,0000h \ add iy,sp \ ld (iy+0),l \ ld
> (iy+1),h \ ld b,d \ ld c,e \ ld d,h \ ld e,l \ ld h,b \ ld l,c\ pop bc \ld
> iy,0000h \ add iy,sp \ ld l,(iy+0) \ ld h,(iy+1) \ pop iy

We should found the crappy coders guild, to compete with hays :-)
(sarcastic humor)

<warning, disclaimer: Don't read this if you are in a pesky mood, or
have a grudge against our local List-Jester ("Nar" for the Dutch people)
 from the company we all like so very much (not!).>

Something curious I noticed while browsing the list archives:

Mike $mith. has been on this list for 2 years, and has given exactly 2
more or less productively seeming comments (both the same).

Furthermore, if he has been on this list, he should have learnt at least
how to clear the screen in asm, instead of b@$!(
:-)