Re: A83: Patching the Ti83+ ROM?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Patching the Ti83+ ROM?

Olle Hedman wrote:

> There is always hardware hacks though :) ((But that isn't as usefull
> ofcourse, not many people are very keen of soldering in their calcs...))

Certainly, in a thread about TI-83+ app hacking, Solignac Julien mentioned you
have to hardwire the writing enabled pin on the flash chip. Perhaps he would
like to explain it in detail, since I haven't found it.

Solignac also did some research on the topic of validation on the ti-calc, and
he might have something useful to say about it.
Questions to him:
You said in the thread mentioned above, that an 83+ Rom is signed once and for
all, does the 83+ also check this signature when starting, or just when
uploading it to the calc?
Subsequently: Can you send a hacked rom to a calc hacked the way described
above, or is there something blocking it too.
Next: Is the TI-Linking (and thus ROM receiving) part written in stone (err,
hard-rom), or in Flash...

Greets,
Peter Martijn