Re: A83: Re: Re: Linux Z80 Compiler

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Re: Linux Z80 Compiler

Hi all,
Can you tell me what is the best assembler in WLA DX or
Z88SDK
Thx for you answer!!!
Paxl

the Z88sdk...
> But maybe I'll have to dail-in via Linux (not Win98Lite)
and try to use CVS (really don't know how, but...)

> Oh, well I CAN download via the link in the news item...
Lets see...

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/z88dk-cvsroot.tar.gz

> News
> 3.2.20001
> I've been making changes to CVS repository to create a
distribution that will compile and hopefully work out of the
box. You might like to grab a nightly snapshot and give it a
go. There's now support for the following TI calculators:
TI82,83,83+,85,86 thanks to Stefano. We think this is the
first compiler that makes it possible to compile for all of
the z80 based calculators with the minimum of hassle

> ----------
> > Van: Henk Poley <HPoley@DDS.nl>
> > Aan: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
> > Onderwerp: A83: Re: Linux Z80 Compiler
> > Datum: zondag 7 januari 2001 19:39
> >

> > I think WSA DX is what you call a "assembler" not a
compiler.

> > z88dk is a C "compiler"...
> > C is a higher language that is easier to
write/understand than Assembler,
> > the compiler translates that language to assembler.
There are off course
> > good and bad compilers, some of them create bloated code
others don't.

> > And, yes indeed, z88dk is good compiler, it even has
some rudimentary ti-86
> > support and others (Ti-82/83(+)/85) could be added as
well. I've posted
> > this info (and the info of some other compilers) about 2
months ago.

> > There are really some good Z80 C-compilers around on the
internet, like the
> > one on: http:/gbdk.sourceforge.net/ , a compiler for the
GameBoy, but also
> > for the standard Z80 processor.
> >
> > Anyone want to help porting one of those? (even making
the compiler to run
> > on the Ti-83+ Silver Edition, 1.5 megs should be enough
don't you think...)

> > BTW: it cant be 'better than TASM' because that isn't a
compiler, and z88dk
> > isn't an assembler (well it certainly has got an
assembler, but that
> > doesn't optimize or be anything 'better' than TASM, ûh
well linking
> > ..maybe...)
> >
> > ----------
> > > Van: Solignac Julien <x1cygnus@xcalc.org>
> > > Aan: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
> > > Onderwerp: A83: Linux Z80 Compiler
> > > Datum: zondag 7 januari 2001 16:30
> > >

> > > I was at freshmeat looking up WSA DX a z80 compiler in
a alpha stage
> > > when I found another compiler for linux. It's a Z80
Cross Compiler that
> > > does
> > > everything: includes, arithmetic, definitions, macros,
Make Files, C and
> > > even C++.
> > > IMHO it is about 10^infinity times better than TASM.
Anyone who's got
> > > DJGPP should compile
> > > it for windows & put it on ticalc.org (though it's not
under GPL but an
> > > artistic license if
> > > anyone knows what that implies).
> > > I nearly forgot: the project name is z88dk.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Solignac Julien
> > > x1cygnus@xcalc.org
> > > http://xcalc.org
> > >
> > > - A hacker does for love what others wouldn't do for
money

Boîte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com