From: ComAsYuAre@aol.com
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2001 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: A83: Re: [no subject]

What about battery power?  Wouldn't the faster speed directly correlate with
an increase in battery use?

In a message dated 1/7/2001 1:04:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, dan@calc.org
writes:

Of course not.  First, the user can always change the speed to however they
want it by using the tasker or options.  They may want it slower when
running older programs (fast tunnel on a 15 mhz CPU could get ugly), and
run at regular or fast speeds for programs designed with the faster calc in
mind.  It's also trivial for the program itself to override any settings
the user may have and run at normal speed.  The slow down would be only for
existing programs that would run too fast on the new calculator.

P.S.  Keep in mind all this talk is potential.  No one will know what needs
to be done in terms of speed and other compatibility modifications until
the calculator is actually out.

----
Jonah Cohen
<ComAsYuAre@aol.com>