[A83] Re: TI-83+ Silver Edition = Gameboy

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: TI-83+ Silver Edition = Gameboy

Yep, virtualization, but you first need to check if the instruction is
'real' or a 'virtual' one. This checking will destroy the registers (maybe
not all), saving them takes time, checking if they are real or virtual also
takes time, but okay, you don't need to emulate ALL instructions... (So
some less speed-decrease than a total-emu)

I think the best way to 'fix' this is to write a PC/Mac/Amiga (hey, let's
say C++) program that converts the GameBoy(-game)-ROM-image into a
Flash-App, so you don't need a program on your calc that interprets the
OP-codes, because this has already been done by the "reassembler" (or how
you would call it). This program should also 'fix' the memory mapped I/Os.
(BTW: Don't ask me to program this...)

The only major trouble would be the LCD dimensions and the grayscale/color
display... Don't think that would be anything like easy to fix... Maybe
make an interupt-routine that displays a part the (emulated) bigger
GameBoy-LCD? Pressing something like [2nd]+"arrow key" would scroll to a
part of the screen, you need to avoid that "game-keys" like
fire,up,down,left,right,restart are the same as you scrolling keys.

Link-play-emu would be really pain-in-the-ass, Ti didn't use a very
thorough solution in it's link-design... If you would (even) want to be
able to "talk" with a GameBoy, you would have to make some
hardware-solution by connecting your linkcable with the GameBoy-cable...
(But I think the speed decrease would be too much to actually be able to
synchronise the link-port of the two machines)

	Henk Poley

-->	"Do we want a gamemachine?"