Re: A83: Using Interups, and strings

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 00:56 2001-02-15, you wrote:
>(More Code)
>

>ld hl,text1
>
>bcall(_puts)
>
>text1:  .db "Sample String",0
>

>(More code)
>
>It only displays a bunch a garbled information when you press the right key.
>How do I copy the string so it will be displayed correctly when the user
>presses the right key.

This is just a guess since I don't program for the 83 anylonger, and have
never even touched an 83+.
But it is probably because the program isn't relocated, so the value of
"text1" is pointing to some place in memory wich doesn't make sense.
It was far to long ago I programmed z80... but mustn't there be any way to
make this code relative?
like load hl with the value of PC and add the size of the bcall-macro to
get it to point right or something.
(it's easy in 68k at least :)

///Olle