Re: A83: an idea for greyscale

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: an idea for greyscale

Yeah, big problem, writing to the screen has to be done through the use of
the driver, the ports 10h and 11h are linked to it and control it, when you
write to the screen bufffer plotSScreen, it is not displayed until you tell
it to, for example by B_CALL GrBufCpy or similar...

This has it's pros and cons, one con is that the driver is slow and has no
buffer, so you have to have a delay before sending multiple bytes to the
ports a delay between each byte is required... the use of ROM call makes
this easier...

The 86 (i'm not sure of this 100%, it all comes from what I heard) screen
buffer works like PC one, it has an area in rom which the screen driver
constantly reads and updates the LCD correspondigly...

-Nicolas