A83: an idea for greyscale

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: an idea for greyscale

The easiest way to do greyscale is to make 3 shade
greyscale(black or white or grey)This can be done on an tile
engine by RRC all the sprite you want to be in grey and
redraw the screen, and after do an RLC on sprite and redraw
the screen. In my game, i do not have use interrupt and the
grey is less flickering than all other 4color i have try!
Paxl

copies half the screen
> or something. (As you can see, I'm very interested in
greyscale on the
> 83+) That would probably be best for some simple
greyscale game. My
> original idea could be used in some sort of a picture
viewer. The idea is
> that it only displays the totally black and totally white
bytes once, and
> displays the grey once twice to make them grey. I dunno.
Just a couple of
> ideas from somebody that isn't good enough at asm (yet) to
implement them
> ;-)

constant, which will
> >cause inconstant scales of gray...

Pemberton
> >> Verzonden: donderdag 8 februari 2001 0:24
> >> Aan: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
> >> Onderwerp: A83: an idea for greyscale
> >>

> >> Would it be possible to write a routine much like
fastcopy but for
> >> greyscale if you made it write the first buffer to the
LCD then
> >> when it was
> >> writing the second buffer it would compare the byte
from the first buffer
> >> with the current one from the second buffer and if they
were the same it
> >> wouldn't bother writing it? This would cut down on the
use of lcdbusy
> and
> >> maybe even checking the bytes could replace lcdbusy in
some parts, making
> >> the entire routine faster. Does anyone think this
might work?

Boîte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com