[A83] Re: CPL, UML, Oberon

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: CPL, UML, Oberon

> Van: SUCKER from the old days <sucker_pvn@hotmail.com>
>
> Maybe I'm asking the wrong guys, but does any of you
> people now where CPL, UML and Oberon are primarily used
> for? I'm going to a university in Antwerp (Belgium) in
> 1.5 years and at their site they mention these programming
> languages. But I do not know what they would be used for.

Oberon is a "grapicaly enhanced" version of Modula-2. The compiler is free,
and it can be downloaded in 2 versions: Native Oberon, an operating system,
and as a 'normal' compiler (Win, Linux, Solaris, Mac). As far as I know the
programming environment also contains an interpreter so you can test out
programs on the fly.

The site:
http://www.oberon.ethz.ch/

	Henk Poley <><