[A83] Re: 8KB limit?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: 8KB limit?

>I can read in the new SDK that asm programs on the Ti-83
>are limited to 8kb. How is that? I never noticed anything
>about that, and there are programs that have more than 8kb.
>Or does TI mean regular ASM programs (stored in hex) that
>have to be executed with Send(9prgmXXX ??
>
>      SUCKER

I've heard that programs can't have more than 8kb of _executable_ code.  It
can have 24k of total data or whatever, so long as there isn't more than
8kb of actual code.  The reason for this is cause TI limited the PC from
going past progstart+$8000 to encourage APP development.

- - Joe

Joe Pemberton
http://tiworld.calc.org

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com