[A83] Re: Running external ASM programs from within an ASM program...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Running external ASM programs from within an ASM program...

> Van: Jens Björnhager <jensbj@home.se>
>
> > > It's just a funny idea. Try to make linux83. :)
> >
> > afaik there is a Z80 port of linux, so you could give it a try...
>
> That's far from being impossible, running linux on a TI-83 +/SE. The cpu
> power and memory is far greater than my c128, which accomodates a z80.
> Is there a linux port for the commodore machines somewhere? :)

This kind of thread appears about as often as H*ys...

One thing that rolls out every time; how could you protect programs/data
for getting overwritten (by 'malicious' code)? I guess on 'higher'
processors they have an Memory Management Unit (MMU) for such things, but
on the Z80 there's nothing like that. Same with the 68k, used in the
Ti89/92(+).

	Henk Poley <><