[A83] Re: Custom program loader

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Custom program loader

> From: "Patai Gergely" <patai.ti@freemail.hu>
>
> The reason why I asked the original question is
> that it's very easy for my program to reach the
> magic 26k boundary. And as I tend to use lots
> of memory areas that are likely to be used by
> the common shells, I cannot use anything but an own
> loader. Now how could I spare moving stuff back
> to its place, when I have such a large program?...

Use the Venus way :-) Move all the program data *including* the size bytes
to 9327h and change the data pointers in the program's VAT entry to 9327h.
Then there's no need to move things back when the program returns. Side
effect of this is that the .org line in your code changes to 9329h, because
you have to compensate for the size bytes.