[A83] Re: Crappy IE 6.0 [OT]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Crappy IE 6.0 [OT]

Sure, but then you're writing a custom edit control, and not using the
standard control :)

I was explaining the problem, not saying it was impossible.  Many programs
use a custom edit control.  Anything that has syntax highlighting does.
Pretty much any text editor does, as this is the only sensible thing to do.
The best edit control I have seen is the one used in Borland's C++Builder
(and more than likely, Delphi).  I wish they had a stand alone C++ editor,
as I find using the IDE just to edit text to be too bulky.  So, I end up
doing most of my code editing on Unix using JOE.

> All's you have to do is figure on having visible however much text fits
> inside the control, and loading that much from the file in to the text
edit
> control.  In VB, simply set the scales on the form to characters, and lock
> the font between the control and the form, and then multiply height by
> width, to support variable window size.  If its a variable width font,
> maybe load a bit more each way.  Scrolling gets a bit slower, as that is
> when the reload goes off, but you could then use any text edit control you
> wanted to do the program.

Follow-Ups: References: