[A83] Re: Small C?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Small C?

> Van: Patai Gergely <patai.ti@freemail.hu>
>
> > Has any attempt been made at a C compiler on the z80 for
> > the calculators?
> > I found this http://sourceforge.net/projects/sdcc/ , and
> > I was just wondering how easily this could be used to program
> > in C for the 83+.
>
> Anyway, what's the problem with assembly that people
> want to evade it? It's understandable in the
> case of more powerful machines (PC's :), but
> for the Z80-based 83 with so limited memory, well,
> it isn't much more useful than Basic... IMHO...

<sigh>Not again...</sigh>

The thing is there, if you want to use it do so, and if you don't, well,
don't...

It can be very handy to program first in C, try it, and then hand-optimize
the code. Or just use the C file as a basis for your handwritten assembly
programs workflow. And And there are also some nice things inside the
startup/lib code you might want to use, compilers tend to have a nice
library full of handy things (SDCC breaks this rule...)

	Henk Poley <><