[A83] Re: Blod's

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Blod's

At 21:13 2001-12-05, you wrote:

>I am weary of using lcd instruction ports I don't know what they do. I =
>managed to make a nasty burn-in on my 83+, although it was temporary =
>(went away after a week) it scared the hell out of me.
>So, what are these BLODs everyone is talking about? :)
>
>/Jens

A blod (blue line of death) is a name invented for the blue lines you can
get on you ti83 screen by setting the lcd driver in "test mode".
You can read about all instructions you can send to the driver and what
they do in the pdf on the lcd driver, that can be found here:
http://alh.dhs.org/ftp/calculator/ti83/tech/t6a04.pdf
They are all sent via the lcd command port, 10h on the 83s.

///Olle