[A83] Re: Linux Appsign Utility Realeased

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Linux Appsign Utility Realeased

> I didn't mean to come off as sounding harsh.  Good job on the program and
> convincing TI to port it to Linux.  But to be truely useful, the source
> needs to be released.  Do you think you could convince them to distribute it
> under the GPL, or another similiar, OSI approved license?  I am wanting to
> make a package or some packages for Debian that contain development tools
> for calcs, and Debian requires that everything be free software.  If that
> can't happen, I'd still be interested in reimplementing it.  Can you or
> anyone else provide information on how it works?  I've never looked at it
> before.

As I said, my contact at TI is working on it.
(TI must be convinced that releasing the source won't hurt them)

Oh, you mean you want to make a package that is to be distributed with Debian?

> > about the zip file, well, it was easier at the moment.
> > I can make it .tar.gz if you really, really, really want it ;-)
>
> Nah, I was just kidding.  There are free versions of zip and unzip for unix.
>  But if you want real unix tools on your Windows box, I highly recommend
> checking out Cygwin.  It's pretty nice to be able to scp a file from
> Windows.

Actually I zipped it on linux ;-)

> > If you want it on PPC, you'll have to explain to me how to set up my gcc
> > as a cross compiler for ppc, so I can compile it for ppc.
> > It's a hard way, but for now, it's the only way...
>
> It was a rhetorical question.  I am considering getting an iBook soon, and I
> know a lot of people use LinuxPPC or OS X, so why leave them out?

Follow-Ups: References: