[A83] Re: [OT] What's a GMS?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: [OT] What's a GMS?

I think you answered your own question :)

No, seriously.  There is value in spending time with a member of the
opposite sex.  In many cases, when you are actually dating someone, versus
just going on a date (with someone you are not dating), you don't end up
spending that much money.  If a girl just wants money from you, then that's
pretty easy to figure out.  If she's just in it for the money, and you're
just in it for the sex, then you're probably both even (not necessarily
happy).

There's the traditional "guy pays" rule, but after the first few dates, that
doesn't necessarily apply.  If I want to take my girlfriend out to eat, or
any friend (guy or girl), that doesn't have money, and I do, I don't mind
paying (don't hang out with people who leech...unless they're hot...then
maybe).  Some of the best dates I've been on haven't cost much money at all,
and the converse of that is true as well.  If all you ever do is spend money
on someone, then you may want to re-evaluate your outlook.

Same with guys.  That "hey, lets get a bunch of beers" gets old real fast
when you are the only one who pays.