[A83] Re: CAS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: CAS

Yes, and there are even implementations with source available (a quick
search on google will find them).  But, be aware that they are very
complicated, and not designed for something like the 83.  Kirk Meyer
mentioned a book on the subject that was decent.  I can't say for certain,
but in any case, this book looks like your best bet:

If you do check out that book and it turns out to be any good, then I would
be interested in knowing about it (did get some favorable reviews on
amazon.com).  If you end up implementing a CAS for the 83, even better :)

Sort of on topic: would anyone be interested in an equation printer for the
z80 calcs?  It be cool to have something for at least the 83 and 86 that let
you hit a key combination (or added an entry to a menu somewhere) and
display the last input equation and result in pretty print.

> Is there a website somewhere that explains the algorithms behind the
> Computer Algebra System?  Mainly how the 89 can solve equations with multi
> variables (and quickly too, :)

Follow-Ups: References: