[A83] Re: call, stack adresses and free space

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: call, stack adresses and free space

> Hello everyone,
> I've got a few questions for you:
>
> -Could anyone tell me how the adress a call is made from is stored?

It's just pushed on the stack, 2 bytes

> -Where I can find that information?

Here ;-)

> -How much, if any, space is reserved for this?

None reserved, just a practical stack limit of about 400 bytes from the end of
the memory border backwards. (about 200 available for use)

> -Same questions for numbers you push onto the stack.

A 2-byte push enlarges the stack by 2 bytes, a call return address is 2 bytes
(2-byte pop's shrinks the stack by two bytes)

> -May I assume that the free memory you've got on your calc is one line of
> bytes, running up from $9327 to where your first program is stored?

No, you may not, on my 83Plus, the start address is $9d95, and I've noticed
programs being stored right at that spot.
I suspect that the 83- has about the same way of storing, then again, maybe
not, but it is'nt safe to assume the free line of memory as you stated above.

> These are all TI-83 questions. Thanks.

No, only one (the last), was. Rest was both calcs.

--(Peter-Martijn)