[A83] Re: Explaining the stack for registers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: Explaining the stack for registers

Don't know how it's said in asmguru,
but, if you push af and then pop bc, AF 's contents are IN BC.

> After reading the FAQ in AsmGuru there is a question about the stack with
> registers. It says that (if I remember correctly) "if you push af and then
> pop bc, the contents of bc will be in af"
>
> WHY ???
>
> I see no logic in that, and unfortunatly it isn't explained in AsmGuru
> either, so here I am :)
>
> Also I would like to know how many times a register can be pushed.

In theory, endlessly. Problem is that you'll be overwriting some important
memory blocks (like the VAT). I don't exectly know how many "safe" bytes you
have.