[A83] Why is my program so slow :(

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Why is my program so slow :(

After making a couple of programs which calculate things, I want to make a
program with graphics, so I decided I was going to make a program which is a
model of a piston engine.
Unfortunatly I quikly stopped after running a little code on my calc because
it was horrificly slow, well at least not what I expected from ASM.

I didn't let it draw much, I simply made it draw two lines, do some floating
point math with _sin en _cos to calculate the next coordinates and draw the
next two lines.

But it was very slow:(
I've seen program's like ski and pinguin by Bill Nagel and they can move the
ENTIRE screen very fast, so I know the calc is up to it.

Is it because my program doesn't use a buffer or it isn't squished??
My programming might not be "top-notch" and nothing compared to Bill Nagel
but I didn't let it draw much, so why is it so slow???