From: assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:assembly-83-bounce@lists.ticalc.org]On Behalf Of Robert M. Proie
Jr.
Sent: Wednesday, 1 August 2001 5:26 AM
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: [A83] Re: TI83+ Numerical Input

That sounds harder than what I did.  Here is what I did in order to make a
numeric only input that could give you this answer
5(79/8)^3 (and do harder things too.
1.Look for key press
2.See if key is numeric or non
3. If numeric, mult OP1 by 10 then add key value
4. if non-numeric, store OP1 in a veriable (make sure you have ten or more
of these variables, all the same size, right after eachother for easy acces.
	and then store a value relating to the opperater, as the last byte in the
temp var.
5. Clear value of OP1, and start over.
6. If you want them to be able to delete a single char on teh screen, then
every keypess add one to a counter, and store that as the new last byte in
the temp var.

/TEMPVAR
//////////
/NUM DATE/
/        /
/        /
/////////
/Op Val /
//////////
/num char/
/////////

7. To compute it, is where is gets hard (not really though), if you want to
use Order of Opperations.
8. First right down the opperators you will be using (ex. *, /, (, ^) and so
on, in the order they should be looked at.(This helps get a better pic of
what is going on.
9. Then search for that opperator's value, by looking at the address of the
first opp value then adding x to the address to get to the next value.
10. When you find the opperator that you want, perform that opperation, then
store that value in the second temp var, delete (reset teh opp to zero in
the first temp that was used) and continue.
11. For '(' look for the end one and store the number of values between the
() in a reg, and then GOTO 9 untill you have turned the num of variables
between the () to 1.

If it sounds compilated, then read it again, and maybe write it out a little
bit.  It is actually really simple, although maybe a bit mem consuming.
Another option is to simply call a basic program from your app (like one
that has prompt A in it) and then just use that value in your app.