[A83] Re: apps

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A83] Re: apps

> I have heard of some cases (state and some in federal court, I believe)
that
> say that they are invalid becasue they constitute a modification of
contract
> after the sale. However, if you get a C&D order from a lawyer, most people
> will, and even those who fight, still run out of money before a
corperation
> does.

Right.  But in any case, there is none for the TI-83+.  And yes, it's not
about being right, it's about having money.

> Of course with the evil UTCIA (or whatever the acronymn is) things turn on
> users, and of course the DMCA, but if we are not attempting to access
> something copyright by TI, then we are fine (And I don't believe numbers
can
> be copyrighted. ... well yet anyway)

It's not the issue of accessing copyrighted.  It's the issue of forging a
digital signature.  And yes, of course numbers can be copyrighted!
Everything is a number.  What do you think software copyrights are?  Or
music copyrights?  Or movie copyrights?  If it's digital, it's a number.
And if it's text or artwork, and it's represented in a digital form, then
it's a number, and copyrightable.  You might be thinking of trademarks.  You
can't say you have a trademark on "2000", but you can own one on "Windows
2000".