Van: owner-assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org
[mailto:owner-assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org]Namens Xavier LaRue
Verzonden: donderdag 26 oktober 2000 1:44
Aan: TiCalc Maling List
Onderwerp: A83: Re: Re: Assembly limit [83+]

Hi
By this message, you tell me i cannot have more than 8.8k of
executable code. But does it have a way to counter that and
make a game of 20k of executable code?
Thx for your time
Paxl

Plus by TI (no
> doubt so that you can't run apps from RAM). What it
actually does is if
> code is running from anywhere on the second RAM page
(stuff between $C000
> and $FFFF) the calculator will reset. Since the origin
for assembly
> programs on the 83 Plus is $9D95, this means that you
can't have more than
> $C000-$9D95 (8811 bytes) of executed code. You can have
programs larger
> than this size, so long as the part of the program that
will be located past
> $BFFF is only data.
>
> The problem is that Ion's library routines are loaded
directly after the
> program in RAM. So if you use Ion library calls, your
program can't be
> larger that about 8K (regardless of where you place data
and code). In
> MirageOS, the library routines (both the MirageOS specific
and Ion ones) are
> located in the first ROM bank ($4000-$7FFF) so you can
still use library