Re: A83: Inputed Strings....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Inputed Strings....

In accordance with the prophecy, Doug Williams uttered:

> Hey,
> Through ASM Guru I have learn to input strings and store strings (into system Str vars), but I cannot get these two routines to work together.  If there is anyway to input a string from a prompt and then store it into the system var "Str9", would you please let me know!
> Thanks in advance.
> -Doug

This probably has to do with the fact that the string input routine only
allocates a temporary storage area, which is then trashed when the system
allocates Str9. So, you need to do the input, then copy the string into your own
previously allocated buffer (or somewhere in safe ram), and then store the
contents of this buffer into Str9.

Linus

bomb nsa clinton assasin fbi kill overthrow president hello echelon cia kgb
SCSI: System Can't See It.