RE: A83: Re: Flash App Hacking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A83: Re: Flash App Hacking

In accordance with the prophecy, Hyperbyte uttered:

> Come to think of it, it might be a good thing that it is so hard/expensive to
> make apps...  If anyone anywhere could make apps, we would get drowned in
> badly designed flash apps, and thus no be able to distinguish the good apps
> from the bad apps.
>
> The way it is, app designers put a lot of work in it getting great apps,
> working perfectly, because once signed, they cannot get it re-signed without
> spilling another app-signing.
>
> This considered perhaps we should leave any attempts to hack the app-signing
> process (not that there was much chance anyhow...)
>

> Greets, Peter Martijn

I don't agree. But this is ye olde argument of proprietary vs. open software.
Read "The Cathedral And the Bazaar" somewhere at www.tuxedo.org/~esr . I know
that it isn't exactly the same debate (because anyone can code a flash app, even
if they don't work at TI) but I still think most of the arguments pro openness
are valid.

Linus

bomb nsa clinton assasin fbi kill overthrow president hello echelon cia kgb
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Indiana:
It has been found that a circular area is to the square on a
line equal to the quadrant of the circumference, as the area of
an equilateral rectangle is to the square on one side.
   -- House Bill No. 246 of the Indiana State Legislature, 1897