A83: Re: Re: Re: Re: TI coding skillz

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Re: Re: Re: TI coding skillz

The program starts at $52e9 on page $0c on ROM versions 1.07 and 1.08.
Viewing the dissassembly in VTI, it appears to be correct for the code's
location (i.e. all the call's and ld's match up).  I tried bcalling it from
an ion program, and the first line of the character test works, but when it
gets to the part where it should display "press enter", it prints a bunch of
random characters and crashes.  HL points to the correct text beforehand,
and the string is null terminated, so it should work.  My guess is that it
has to do with ion doing weird things with memory.  But since I have never
programmed the 83, I have no idea.  I tried making a "normal" Send(9"
program, but couldn't figure out how to actually make it work.  Anyone care
to explain that?

> I took a peek.  I found the code and text, and it is on page $0C, which is
> the ROM entry point page on the 83.  My guess is that TI had a bunch of
left
> over space on this page, so just stuck the sample stuff on at the end,
after
> the entry point call table.  I'ven't a clue whether there is actually any
> way to access this from the TIOS or whether it's just sitting around in
the
> ROM, though I'd guess the latter.  I wrote a program to check if the same
> code was anywhere on the 83 Plus, and the text "cool" never appears
anywhere
> in the TI-83 Plus's ROM.  Of course, there could be something else
> altogether hiding in there...

Follow-Ups: References: