Re: A83: Ti8xcc [82/83/83+/85/86]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Ti8xcc [82/83/83+/85/86]

> Okay, not all arcade games are possible to make on Ti8xcc (nor TISCO), but
> RPG's, puzzel-games, etc. are possible to make. BTW. The speedloss isn't
> always that tremendous.
> And what about a compiler that can't even set a sprite nor a line to the
> screen, what's it name... ûhm... ... . .  .
>    ...TISCO maybe???
> That helps for gaming purposes, yay, text only arcade games...
>    Sorry for being nasty...

The presence or absence of various I/O routines, is of course, not at all
a feature of the compiler, but of the library of routines used.

If you really think TI8XCC is better at drawing sprites or lines, you can
show me some sprite and line routines written in TI8XCC, and I'll write
some in TISCO, and we can look to see which compiler really does these
things.

I'm not sure what qualifies as a 'tremendous' speed loss to you, but with
the promotion of everything to words for no reason and endless calls to
functions to operate on them, TI8XCC is clearly several times slower in
just about any case.

Even though I've never written a substantial RPG, I still am fairly sure
that they do need a substantial level of speed.  This has been confirmed
to me by people who really do program RPGs (who actually think they need
more performance than action games).

> TI-GCC uses some sort of structure (real + mantissa) to convert the GCC
> type of float to a sort of 'Ti float', where after you can do just the
> 'normal' operations (at least they are named a bit more understandible...)

When I said that you can't do normal operations, what I meant is of
course that you can't do things like "a = b + c;" but on floats but
instead must call functions.