Re: A83: Re: crack team for LOZ:TOC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: crack team for LOZ:TOC

On 22 Mar 00, at 11:38, Harper Maddox wrote:

> Sam and I already have this under control.  We have all the
> prospective artists on a mailing list.  Right now they are working
> hard on both new tile sprites and enemies.  So, yes there are alot of
> good LOZ drawers out there.
>
> Also, MIDI is pretty much out of the question.  The Zelda engine is
> pretty intensive as is, and i really would rather not sacrifice
> gameplay to appease the few people out there who regularly use an AM
> radio or a converter for mono output.
>
> And once again, FMV is not going to happen.  Even if it is, it will
> certainly not be via pics, it will be through animated sprites, kind
> of the way FF7 and FF8 do their dialogue scenes.  Pics are just too
> inefficient.
>
> If you really want to help, visit http://void.calc.org to look at our
> updates and message board. Also, we could still use some more artists,
> but no more programmers.  Once again, if you are really interested in
> writing a story or being an artist, send email to me or sam.
>
> -harper

OK, just wondering... do you guys want these features on the 83+?
 I'd love to convert it to this format.  That way, sprites and MIDI
would almost certainly be possible.  The MIDI Player I'm
envisioning has an interrupt driver that plays in "2 bit" sound mode-
in other words, it plays piezo (sic) sounds as if that was the plug
for the sound.  I could do this by using the APD buffer (after all, we
don't need it while music is playing, do we?) and finally, MIDIs
aren't that big anyway.  Not when they're shrunk down to 4
channels, that is...

Shigeru Miyamoto, Post Rapture, and Yachiyo Underwood are three people who will be remembered forever.

-The Godfather

Follow-Ups: References: