Re: A83: Could we get back to the subject?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 14 Mar 00, at 21:43, James Vernon wrote:

>   It'd be too much trouble for me to make it for the 83+ as well
>   because of
> some of the VAT stuff - plus the fact that I don't have an 83+ to test
> it on. I think the program is over the limit in terms of size for an
> 83+ ION program anyway... I'm not sure about that one.
>   Just a quick update, though: all the bugs have been sorted out so
>   now I
> have 4 more levels to design and a few more little features to put in
> and then it's off to the optimisation/testing stage so it should be
> out in around a fortnight (hopefully!).
>   At the moment the main program file is about 8KB, the level data
>   file (for
> the proper game) will be around 5KB (although you can still play
> external levels without this file) and external levels are 1627 bytes
> uncompressed and 500-600 bytes compressed. Anyways, if you have any
> more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I got around the size problem with the Archive technique, so I could
probably put the levels in the Archive and copy them into RAM
when I need them.

Sandwich: E-Mail!
Woman: E-Mail!? In the fridge!
Sandwich: Oh, yeah, I got this ice box wired!  T-1, 400 megs RAM, fiber optics...
Woman: Honey!