Re: A83: Could we get back to the subject?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Could we get back to the subject?

Heh, you've obviously never programmed the 6502 :)  The 6502 is quite, quite
different than the z80.  The z80 is like a weak x86, since it was based on
the 8080, which preceded the 8086.  The z80 is good for math and such,
whereas it is more difficult on the 6502.  But the 6502 is way more powerful
when it comes to addressing modes.  Almost as powerful as a 68k in that
respect.  z80 would be so nice if it had indirect indexed addressing.

But, yes, it could be done on a z80.  I'm just pointing out that you can't
exactly compare the cpu's in that manner.  I have an engine for the 86 (in
grayscale, of course) that is sort of similiar to Gauntlet, and I worked on
it for about six months.  About 13,000 lines of assembly code.  Some things
are trivial, but a game like that is definitely not.

> I'd do it myself, but I don't have my calc ready...  On top of that,
> there are a few things about the Z80 I don't know yet.  My
> reasoning is this: If a 6502 can do it, why not a Z80?

Follow-Ups: References: