Re: A83: TSE nearing completion

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: TSE nearing completion

AutismUK@aol.com wrote:
[about fastcopy]
> There are three ways of speeding it up.
>
> First is to flog the LCD controller to the limits of what it can do in
> terms of timing cycles (maybe test the status rather than using
> the TIOS "wait routine" on the grounds that the Data sheet timings
> will have some spare space in them ?).

Checking the status is no good, it is too slow and you will end up loosing
cycles.
The main "trick" when you want to update fast is to write columns to the lcd
controller instead of rows. this is because you need to do a write to the
controller every time you whant to change row (or column in column-mode), and
there is 64 rows, but only 12 columns.
to change to "column-mode" you do a single write to the controller, I don't
remember the exact now (because it is more then a year now since I last had a
ti83) But you can find a pdf on the controller at my ftp, here:
ftp://alh.dhs.org/calculator/ti83/tech/
It is the specs from the manufacturer and includes everything you can do with
the controller.
This, and ofcourse your own delay-rutine, because TI:s is more then twice as
long as it has to be. Don't make it _too_ short though, remember that the speed
of the calc changes with temperature and battery condition.

//Olle

Follow-Ups: References: