Re: A83: tracking and moving many objects

[Next][Index][Thread]

--- Man on the Moon <apparatus@mediaone.net> wrote:

> What is a good method or algorithm to keep track of
> many objects, such as
> the coordinates of bullets in a game, and move these
> objects as well? I did
> come up with a method of storing each in a user
> defined varible but that was
> a pain in the neck, or code.
>
> From: Chris (Man on the Moon)
> e-mail: apparatus@mediaone.net

The best way I can see to do it would be to just make
a table/database of them in a safe ram area.

.db objectcode, x, y, xdir(0,1 or 255), ydir(0,1 or
255)

xdir and ydir is just the direction, just add this to
the x/y coordinates everytime you want it to move.
0=dont move on that plain, 1=right,255=left

Its fairly simple.  Then you just have to write a few
routines to add new things to the table, and to
replace old ones that have expired (bullets off screen
ect...).

Jimmy

=====
»      TIMagic@goatse.cx     «