Re: A83: On-Calc Editor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: On-Calc Editor

> > In accordance with the prophecy, Cory Derenburger uttered:
> >
> > > If anything for the editor I would like it more like notepad.  You
should
> > > make a program so the calc can send the text to the cpu and have the
cpu
> > > convert it to a usable txt format. you know, sending to and from the
calc so
> > > work can be continued from anywhere.  This could be very useful for
geting
> > > in a few extra minutes on some coding (hmmm).  I know people have
crated
> > > programs for doing this, but I don't remember what program it was....
> > > Good luck anyways!                                   CORY
> >
> > Yeah, and then make it so the cpu can send text to the ram, and then so
that
> > the lcd can fetch the calc from rom. And if the text doesn't appear on
the
> > lcd, you can just send the calc to the lcd, and display the cpu on it
for
> > debugging purposes. You follow? =)
>
> Maybe cpu is a TLA for computer.  ;)

Okay everybody who thinks the TI calculator is no computer raise hands
please!!!

I think cpu is a (_very bad_) TLA for (IBM-compatible) PC.
PC is an abbrevation for Personal Computer ya know... And my MSX2 is a HC:
Home Computer. And my MSX2+ computer??? A HPC: Home Personal Computer.
Really!!! It's on the case... Anyways, my point is that there are probably
lots of computers which are also Personal Computers or at least can be
considered to be, but are not IBM-compatible.

Anyways using CPU for PC is absolutely wrong, because 1. the z80 (which is
inside the TI-82/83/83+/85/86 calcs -and my MSX-) can also definately be
considered a CPU. And a very good one too! And old... did you know it was
made in the 70s??? And 2. a computer is something _entirely_ different from
a CPU, which is only a part of the computer (a quite important part, that
is).

~Grauw

--
 email me: laurensh1@yahoo.com or ICQ: 10196372