Re: A83: prob. lame

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: prob. lame

In a message dated 2/23/00 1:43:44 PM Central Standard Time, jetthe@home.se
writes:

> Probably a very lame question,
>  but I'm new to the ASM programming, only done some BASIC(pc and calc) and
>  VB before. Now I'm trying to learn ASM, but I'm kinda stuck.
>  The following code is compiled ok, but when I try to runt it on my calc
>  (ti-83). It just returns an "Err: Syntax".
>  What am I doing wrong? (note: I'm loading it through a "send(9prgmNAME" as
>  you'r supposed to).
>
>  [stripped #include etc.]
>
>  .org 9327h
>   call _clrLCDFULL
>   set textInverse, (iy+textflags)
>   ld hl,0000h
>   ld (CURCOL),hl
>   ld hl,str1
>   call _vputs
>   res textInverse, (iy+textflags)
>   ld hl,0100
>   ld (CURCOL),hl
>   ld hl,str2
>   call _puts
>   ret
>  str1:
>  .db "Inverted Text.",0
>  str2:
>  .db "Normal Text.",0
>  .end
>  END
>

>  /jetthe

The Syntax Error probably comes from your method of Compilation. If you
compile using DevPack, then you must run the program through ZASMLOAD. The
way to do that is also put ZASMLOAD on your calc, and have a Basic program
that puts the name of your Asm prog into the ANS variable, and then does a
Send(9 on ZASMLOAD. Like so...

:"PROGNAME"
:Send(9prgmZASMLOAD)

Btw, you dont need the closing " or ) but you prolly know that...

If you are not using DevPack when you compile, then you have to tack on the

:End
:0000
:End

thing to the end of you asm program when you open it in the Basic Editor, and
I think there Cannot be a final press of "Enter" after that last "End"
command. Try those things. Hope it helps, cya...

Jason_K