A83: What does ihmo stand for?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: What does ihmo stand for?

On 21 Feb 00, at 15:50, David Phillips wrote:

> Anyway, I'm going to get a Ti-86 in about a week, is
> writing in assembly for the 86 any different from the
> 83?  And if so, how?

Yeah, it's different.  The 86 is the easiest calculator and, imho, the
best to program.  It doesn't have crappy shells and libraries.  It has
static, fixed relocation and as much scratch memory for use during
program execution than all the other Z80 calcs have altogether.  It
has a much better display and does grayscale.  And the screen is
bigger.  You definitely want the 86 :)

> Could anyone give any tips as to if there is better
> software to use, a better tutorial, or just anything
> in general I need to know to get started.  I need
> someone to point me in the right direction :)

Download Assembly Studio and VTI:

http://asmstudio.acz.org/
http://vti.acz.org/

Install asm studio and look at the sample programs.  Change the text,
change where it displays stuff, etc.  Figure out exactly how and why
they work. Put the cursor on an instruction and hit F1 to get help on
it.  The same goes for most ROM calls.

> Also, I'm about to go to Barnes & Noble to buy a book
> about programming the Z80 processor.  Is this a good
> idea?

Don't bother.  You won't find anything.

My only question is what does ihmo stand for?  I never figured it out.

Follow-Ups: References: