Re: A83: Re: Time???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Time???

In a message dated 1/31/2000 6:51:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
MikeY@quixnet.net writes:

<< how 'bout an actual timer?? with pretty accurate seconds...

The z80 calcs have very wild variations in clock speed. I believe the 83 is
rated at 6 Mhz, but as I and others have found, you rarely get this. On the
86 and 85, you get about 5 Mhz with new batteries. With imperfect batteries,
this drops further. It isnt possible to have an accurate timer, unless you
calibrate it by hand every time. On the 86, some people have done testing,
and speed ranges everywhere from 3 to 5.5 Mhz. Temperature, battery power,
and other factors play too great a role to make an accurate timer.

Jeff Barrett