Re: A83: Re: will someone answer?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: will someone answer?

In a message dated 9/25/99 10:18:40 AM Central Daylight Time, 123abc@chek.com
writes:

> Am I to understand it sends the on or off to z?  Sounds unusual, you'd
think
> it would send it to a.

No, its logical that it would send to z... that is not a register, but a
flag. that is so you can do a conditional jump or call like so: "jr z, label"
or "call nz, otherlabel" etc. If the output was put into a, you would have to
do yet another compare, and still continue to jump or call conditionally,
according to what was in a, and that would waste bytes and speed. so its a
good thing the z/nz flag is immediatly affected as an output for that system
routine.

BTW Everyone, Tonight the TCPA will be releasing their new webpage with a
bunch of new things on it, at 9:00 PM EST. There will be an IRC party in
#tcpa celebrating the event of our One Year Anniversery. Come by there if you
can, cya... =)

Jason_K
TCPA Member
tcpa.calc.org