Re: A83:STILL NEED HELP!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83:STILL NEED HELP!

> Why not just keep reading the port until it's ready?  My wait routine
> looks like this:
>
> dWait:  in a,(10h)
>         rla
>         jr c,dWait
>         ret
>
> Is that inefficient?

Whaa??? Is that possible??? Didn't know about that... Anyways, that's great!
I'll put this in my routines I think, then I'll be sure it's 83+
compatible...

About the inefficiency, yes it is indeed a bit inefficient. But a pro is
that it will ALWAYS work. It just depends on how fast you need the
'fastCopy' routine to be. Actually, this bit should be connected in some way
with the WAIT pin of the Z80 so that as soon as an OUT is done to ports #10
or #11 and this bit is not reset yet the Z80 will wait until it's ready. But
well, anyways, Texas Instruments decided not to do this... Cuts back on
costs but I think it's too bad they didn't do this...

Oh, and by the way, using a JP instead of a JR increases the reaction
time... But it doesn't differ much, and it takes 2 bytes more space... The
choice is yours.

~Grauw

--
          email me: laurensh@geocities.com or ICQ: 10196372