A83:STILL NEED HELP!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83:STILL NEED HELP!

I appreciate all the things you guys have told me about my problem (how
to keep text on the screen) but nobody has yet properly understood me so
none of the info is of any use, sorry. I am now going to give my BEST
description of the problem hoping that someone can figure it out (I do
have a hard time wording things at times.)

    I draw a background pic, then I write text using _vputs. This
displays my text on top of my pic, but the text is on the screen, and
not actually in the buffer. I then call a sprite routine that reeds and
edits the buffer and sends it to the screen. This effectively erases the
text by copying the buffer, which doesn't have the text, to the screen.
I want to draw the background, write the text, and copy the screen to
the buffer, THEN run the routine. Unfortunately I am at a loss as to how
to copy the screen to the buffer. Is their a rom call (Please , please,
please) or do I have to write a complicated routine that has to read
each pixel 1 by 1?

Diagram; Hope this helps rather than confuses (do whatever to make it so
things fit on one line, it will help)

sprite:  &*  text:  HI

Line of screen:        |____________|    buf: |____________|

then draw pic:         |__&*(#^$&___|    buf: |__&*(#^$&___| (added to
buf!)

then write text:       |__&*HI^$&___|    buf: |__&*(#^$&___| (no text
added)

then draw sprite:      |__&*(#^$&_&*|    buf: |__&*(#^$&_&*| (sprite,
but no text!)
    (from buf)

--
"What, behind the rabbit?"-King Arthur