Re: A83: Re: two preesing questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

David Phillips wrote:

> You guys need to check acz.org for this stuff :)
>
> This routine will return HL as a pointer to the number that was in HL as a
> string.  It kills OP1, but could point to anywhere that you have up to 6
> bytes of free space you don't mind nuking.  It doesn't print leading zero's.
> If you want them like in ZTetris or Galaxian for whatever reason, just
> change it to loop five times and skip the check (a bit shorter).
>
> Example to call it:
>
>  ld hl,12345
>  call FormatHL
>  call _vputs
>
> This can be used with _puts or _vputs, if you want to print a big font
> number anywhere, for example.  _dispHL is pretty limited, imho.  And this
> works if you need to print numbers in grayscale, too (oops, this is the 83,
> hehe).
>
> FormatHL:
>  ld c,'0'
>  ld de,_OP1         ; correct equate?  needs to be 6 bytes of temp ram
>  sub a
>  ld (de),a
> FormatHLloop:
>  call _divHLby10  ; (might be different name on 83)  HL /= 10, A = HL % 10
>  dec de
>  add a,c
>  ld (de),a
>  ld a,h
>  or l
>  jr nz,FormatHLloop:
>  ex de,hl
>  ret
>

> > I really need to know how to display a register in small fonts (like
> > _vputs) of variable length, _dispop1a isn't working for this! I also
> > need to know what needs to be done to preserve the screen, meaning when
> > I display text on the screen then draw to the screen, how do I keep the
> > text?!?! Please help me here, I bet these both have simple answers, but
> > I need the answers soon. Please answer if you know.
> >
> > --
> > "What, behind the rabbit?"-King Arthur
> > The Heat Index   Nathang@firstva.com
> >       http://users.firstva.com/Nathang
> >  (\\_
> > o(_;

No, no, no, what I mean is when it draws to the screen the info on screen is not
in the buffer, so when I use a sprite routine it reads and edits the buffer,
then sends it to the screen. To keep this from erasing text I need to copy at
least part of the info on screen to the buffer. Anyone get this?

--
"What, behind the rabbit?"-King Arthur
The Heat Index   Nathang@firstva.com
      http://users.firstva.com/Nathang