A83: Re: OT: emacs...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: OT: emacs...

> I may spend some time and learn it sometime.  It does seem to have a ton of
> features, but I'm more of a fan of Windows style editors.  For now in Unix,
> I use pico, it's pretty nice :)  When doing real coding, I prefer VC++ or BB
> (meaning programs I will use, not simple ones for class).  But I guess it's
> all personal preference.  I am very impressed that all that stuff works as
> well as it does over telnet, and so fast (heh, though, the default shell
> doesn't like backspace...have to use bash).  VC++ over telnet...lol.
>
> > If you want intuitive, you can use xemacs.

Vi! (Vi!, Vi!)
What about Vi!?

You can get Vi for almost all platforms (iv'e even got
a version for my dads Psion...;).
It is only a text editor (i find emacs could do practically
anything these days - making it a bit cumbersome)
And its really nice and easy to use. Well, ok, its a bit
crypic to start off with, but well worth it...

Anyway,

have fun,

Bill J Ellis
Bill James Ellis