Re: A83: Easyest way to start learning

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Easyest way to start learning

> >On Thu, 27 May 1999 19:17:55 -0500 (CDT), Jesse McInturff wrote:
>  >
>  >>
>  >>well yesterday i got my graph link. and now i am wondering what to do
>  >>(other than stock my school so full of games it will explode,everyone is
>  >>requiered to have a 83 for the math cource, someone smuggaled tetres and
>  >>tbout on but then the guy sold his computer.. he had the link weleded to
>  >>it) anywas whats the easyest way to start learneing. im a expert in BASIC
>  >>but its annoyingly restrective. i want sprites damit not just 0 or M.
>  >>
>  >>anywase how to start learning (i have a good idea for a ASM sequal to a
>  >>basic game i made)
>  >>
>  >
>  >I'm assuming you've downloaded ASMGURU from:
>  >
>  >http://www.dimension-ti.org
>  >
>  >Once you have that, read through it a bit and find the bits that relate to
>  >what you want to do. If there's bits you don't understand, just ask people
>  >on the mailing lists. Experiment - sprites are pretty easy to use once you
>  >learn all about the graph buffer (plotsscreen), although I still wish I
> knew
>  >how Bill Nagel made Penguins scroll so smoothly...
>  >
>  >Oh well, have fun =)
>  >
>  >James Vernon
>  >jimbob_v@hotmail.com
>  >
>  >

>  unfortuntly i cant get that. i have a mac. i tryed getting it. i would be
>  very happy if someone would take all the text from it put it in a e-mail
>  and send it to me. when i tryed downloading it it was just useless jargen

Luckily for you, one very nice 83 programmer named Jimmy Conner converted all
the asmguru tutorials into HTML and has them on his webpage at
"http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/6963/" it was not until after
I bugged him for many months last fall, that he put them up on his Ti-Magic
page. Unfortunatley, James has _Many_ tutorials, and the HTML versions are
not complete. One downside to not having the Win95/98 help file of asmguru is
that you cant use that index of commands and stuff he has. But for now, this
should help you alot by reading his tutorials in HTML at that site. btw,
Welcome to the List. cya... =)

Jason_K