Re: A83: _vputs and null problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: _vputs and null problem

Alright, I didnt know that bit of information about TASM using the apostrophe
like it does the quotes, thanks... And the other guys were right too about
the syntax needing to be changed. I ended up using...

Xs:  .db "X",27h,"s",0  ;27h = ASCII Character Code for the Apostrophe.
Os:  .db "O",27h,"s",0

and that worked perfectly fine... Thanks for you guys' replys... =)

Jason_K

>  As the other people have metioned... TASM allows for you to use '' or ""
>  around string input... but I don't think it is smart enough to know when
>  it is in a "" set or '' set.
>
>  Jkhum98@aol.com wrote:
>  >
>  > Alright, I'm fairly competant at asm, but this is confusing the hell out
> of
>  > me... :\  I am simply placing some string data with _vputs, and the null
>  > bytes are not working properly for me.  Here's my string data (btw, its a
>  > Tic-tac-toe game im helping somebody on)...
>  >
>  > Xs:  .db "X's",0
>  > Os:  .db "O's",0
>  >
>  > Libraries:
>  >         .db "ZLIB",0
>  >          etc.
>  >
>  > When I point to "Xs" for _vputs, this is what comes onto the screen:
>  > "X'sO'sZLIB", Then it stops, and when I point to "O's", it gives
"O'sZLIB".
> ..
>  >  I really dont understand why this is happening, anybody have some
insight
> on
>  > this? =P
>  >
>  > Jason_K
>  >
>  > P.S. - This list has been really dead for some reason. I've sent like 4
> mails
>  > here within the past week, and didnt get any reply besides that crappy
AOL
>  > thread. The A82 list is actually getting more action than this one. =P
Is